● Hearing is aggravated from the 30’s at all frequencies.
● The prevalence of non-serviceable hearing in either ear was 6.8% (2.5 million) in Korea.
● Normative hearing thresholds can be used as a reference when counseling on hearing loss.
● The mouse cochlea demonstrated regional differentials in the function and morphology of the medial olivocochlear (MOC) system.
● The middle cochlear region expressed large, clustered MOC terminals with strong MOC reflex (MOCR) in mice.
● The base expressed small, less clustered MOC terminals with strong MOCR.
● The apex expressed large, but less clustered MOC terminals with weak MOCR.
● Patients with minimal canal paresis have similar clinical manifestations as conventional vestibular neuritis patients.
● Patients with minimal canal paresis showed more rapid resolution of symptoms.
● Not only the existence of canal paresis, but also the value of canal paresis could help to predict the clinical course.
● Neodymium-doped yttrium aluminium garnet (Nd:YAG) laser therapy remains the golden standard in treatment of epistaxis in hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia (HHT) patients.
● Nasal occlusion, local drug therapy, and nasal septal splinting are showing first positive effects on epistaxis in HHT patients.
● A multimodal and individual treatment concept is necessary to improve HHT patients quality of life.
● Lidocaine discomforted the patients more than placebo.
● Oxymetazoline caused the best and lidocaine caused the worst decongestion score.
● The lowest pain score related to endoscopy was obtained for oxymetazoline plus lidocaine.
● Decongestant plus anesthetic spray seems to be the best premedication in nasal endoscopy
● Changes in oral vowel sounds were prospectively examined in 29 female patients undergoing total thyroidectomy.
● The Fo level significantly decreased after thyroidectomy.
● Changes in the vowel space area was not observed.
● The changes appeared to result from early postoperative changes in hyoid movement.
Korean Society of Otorhinolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
103-307 Park Tower officetel, Yongsan-dong 5-ga, Yongsan-gu, Seoul 04385, Korea
TEL: +82-2-711-9091 FAX: +82-2-3487-6603 E-mail: email@example.com